Monday, May 6, 2013

A heart-felt thank you!


Good morning all,
                             I want to thank all of you for the prayers and well wishes for my wonderful wife. The swollen lump on her opposing side has receded and the second series of test still show it as a none issue! :o) After completing the cancer treatments less than six weeks ago, we are understandably greatly relieved! Honey sends her thanks and hugs out as well.
In other news, honey (who has always been terrified of the water) took and completed a 25 hour lifeguard course this past four days! She is now a certified lifeguard and just plain certifiable!! LOL! She plans to add this to her hours at the YMCA were she is a personal trainer and fitness instructor. She continues to inspire me daily with her desire to overcome her personal fears and to challenge her own boundaries. We had the following conversation.
"I'm SO proud of you! Now you can save ME!" I say with a leer.
Honey looks me up and down saying with a smirk.
"I think I'm gonna need a bigger floatation device..."
The stupid dog snickers. Glaring at him, I protest.
"HEY! In the water, I'm light as a feather!"
"Uh-huh...I was thinking about getting you OUT of the water..." Smiling brightly honey snaps her fingers, quipping. "I could put snacks pool-side!"
Scowling, I shake my head, replying.
"No way...I'm not getting out til you give me mouth to mouth!"
Wrapping her up in a bear hug, honey kisses my nose giggling.
"Ok, then...I guess I'll keep you instead of throwing you back!"
Smart alacky collage girls!
I hope you all have a wonderful week and once again, I thank you!
                                                   Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment